|Extra photos for bloggers: 1, 2, 3|
Kids, home ec has never been this cool.
Use your sewing skills to give your photos some pizazz with colorful embroidery thread and you can bet that your granny will be proud of every stitch.
Embroidery gives your photos an extra kick of creativity. Plus, they make great DIY gifts and are the epitome of nana chic.
Sew, are we doing this or what?
WHY IT’S COOL
Handmade is hip and what’s old is new again. Embroidering your photos will give them depth and a whole new look that is totally unique and personalised.
- Embroidery Thread
- Sewing Needle
- Seam Ripper (or any sharp object to pierce tiny holes in your photo)
- Foam Mat or Foam Mouse Pad
- Photos printed on thick paper or card stock
STEP 1: Plot Your Course
STEP 2: Prepare Tools
STEP 3: Thread
Look at you! You’re embroidering. :]
STEP 4: Finish Off
STEP 5: Repeat (if you so choose)
Taking It Further
- Stitch two or more photos together
- Use black and white photos and add colourful embroidery thread
- Add sequins or buttons!
- Embroider frames for your photos