Turn Your Laptop into a Photo Light Box
Could you pick your laptop out of a lineup?
We’ll be honest, we probably couldn’t.
While we love computing at the local cafe, (our fav place to tweet) we can’t help but notice that everyone else sipping cocoa seems to have the exact same aluminum “book.”
That’s why we transformed the light-up logo on our laptop into a 35mm slide viewer.
This quickie project not only makes your laptop stand out in a sea of computer clones but also shows off your photo + DIY skills to your co-workers and cafe cohorts.
- Gather your laptop, a 35mm film slide or negative, black tape*, and scissors.
- If it’s a slide, remove the film from its slide mount.
- Stick the film over your laptop’s light-up logo by taping it along one edge. Make a neat border around all sides of the film with the tape.
- When you’re done, peel the tape off the laptop (all together with the film attached) and use scissors to refine your edges. (We made ours into the shape of a slide, but you can make it any shape you want – even a camera!)
- Once you’re happy with your shape, re-attach the tape with film to your laptop’s light-up logo.
Voilà! A laptop that shows off your DIY photography talents in less than 10 minutes.
*We used electrical tape. If you’re worried about tape residue, test a small area first.