Tests, leukemia and bone marrow are scary words, but they don’t have to be!
You can actually use your photo talents to turn those words into something good!
When we found out that our very own Amit (founder of Photojojo) has leukemia and needs a bone marrow donor to cure it, our first thought was, How can we help?
The answer is getting more people — especially South Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Nepali etc) — in the bone marrow registry!
People + Party + Photobooth. You thinking what we’re thinking?
Tomorrow in San Francisco we’ll be taking part à la photo booth in BYOSA: A Swabbing Party for Amit, and we want you to come. A bone marrow test is merely a swab of the cheek, and that simple act could save someone’s life.
If you can’t make it, you can still help Amit & others cure their leukemia (for real!):
- Organize your own photo booth & swabbing party! [See: DIY photo booth tutorial.]
- Get a free cheek swab test kit. It’s painless & takes 2 seconds.
- Spread the word! Share this link, and join the Facebook group.
- If you’re outside of the U.S., get in touch here!
- Or donate to the National Marrow Donor Program to help off-set cost of tests.