Photography being the ultimate populist art form, we’re extra super special keen on people who come up with ways to bring photo fun to everyone.
Here’s two we’ve come across recently that we really like:
Snap-Shot-City, September 29th
Snap-Shot-City bills itself as an urban photographic treasure hunt. The idea’s simple:
- Sign up with your friends in teams of up to 6.
- On September 29th, head down to the meeting place in your city to get yer clues.
- Start snapping!
- Share your adventures at the after-party. Exhibitions and awards to follow.
Run from the U.K., they hit 35 cities last year and the adventure begins again this weekend!
A Million Little Pictures, October 10th
A Million Little Pictures is a photo exhibition run by an art coop. Everyone’s photos are welcome, everyone shoots with the same camera, and the exhibition might come to you! The deets:
- Send in $16 by October 10th, and they’ll send you a disposable camera.
- Snap photos on the theme (“Adventure”) and send it back by Nov 20th.
- They develop the photos and ready them for exhibition.
The twist: They haven’t decided which city the exhibition will be in, and every camera counts as a vote for your city. Get friends to join in the fun to increase your city’s odds! (This one’s only open to people in the USA)
(Thx to reader Cara Bedick for the tip!)