What Are You Grateful For?
Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the US of A.
It’s our favorite holiday because it involves:
- Hanging out with people you like,
- eating yourself stupid, and
- falling asleep on the couch in the middle of the afternoon.
Some friends of ours host Thanksgiving for all their pals who aren’t going home for the holiday. When they sit down to eat, instead of saying grace, everyone at the table says one thing they’re thankful for.
Now that’s a tradition we can get behind. We don’t usually think about the things we’re grateful for, but today’s a good day to start.
This week, take some pictures of the things that make you thankful, whether it’s the big stuff:
- your friends
- your spark of creativity
- being able to see well enough take photos
or the little stuff:
- warm socks on a cold night
- the first cup of coffee in the morning
- that album that always makes you feel better when you’re in a bad mood
The next time somebody tells you to count your blessings, just whip out your photos and say, “I’m way ahead of you, buddy.”
Post your photos of the things that make you glad.
Take a photo each week of something you’re grateful for.
Photo credit: Angela Martini