Our Amazing Photo-Fuel (aka Hot Cocoa) Recipe
A sip of hot chocolatey goodness from a lens mug always gets us in the photo making mood.
Please enjoy our favorite recipe, with tonso options for customization, passed down from the collective wisdom of our mothers’ mothers, the internet, and our insatiable appetite for all chocolate. All of it.
3/4 Cup Water
4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3 Cups of Milk (don’t be afraid to go whole)
3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3 Tablespoons of Sugar
Whipped Cream for on top (non-negotiable)
Mix-ins (see below)
Toppings (see below)
A Lens Mug from the Photojojo Shop! (optional)
- Get that water simmering in a pot on the stove.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until it is lump-free.
- Add the milk, and wait for it to simmer again.
- Whisk in the chocolate chips and sugar, until it is all melted.
- Maybe add a mix-in, definitely top with whipped cream, and try not to eat all the marshmallows before the hot cocoa is ready to drink.
Mix-ins. Try one at a time.
– A spoonful of peanut butter
– A dash of cayenne pepper
– A dash of cinnamon
– A bit of vanilla extract
– A splash of crème de menthe (not too much, it’s sooo minty)
– Left over coffee that’s still in the coffee maker from this morning
– Maple syrup
– A spoonful of strawberry or raspberry jelly
TOPPINGS! These are very important (maybe our favorite part). Add as many of these as you possibly can.
– Mini chocolate chips
– Crumbled up graham cracker
– Mini m&ms
– A dusting of cinnamon
– Edible gold flakes
– Crunched up Oreos